Little Pim – Greater New York City Area
Start Date: August 2014
Little Pim is the leading producer of at home language learning products for young children. The award-winning multimedia language teaching series is sold at retail, direct-to-consumer, as a day care center program and as digital downloads in the US and in 17 other countries. We are seeking a Director of Finance and Operations to join our executive team and help us scale up as the leader in children’s language teaching products. The Director will work closely with the CEO, SVP of Sales and Board.
The ideal candidate will be insightful and intuitive as to consumer requirements, with previous experience as part of a team that determines optimal business strategy for growth.
The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for managing all aspects of the finance and accounting function. He/she will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company, along with strategic planning responsibilities associated with the business long-range and annual operating plans.
The Director of Finance and Operations will also have direct responsibility for the following duties:
- Accounting and reporting
- Cash management
- Financial forecasting and analysis
- Tracking licensing and distribution contracts
The ideal candidate is highly entrepreneurial, a balanced, creative and analytical thinker who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Preference for candidates with experience in retail or manufacturing of audio/video and kids products.
The Director of Finance and Operations will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with SVP of Sales and will manage an Operations Director. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be part of an entrepreneurial, creative team engaged in fast-paced growth.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Senior level financial executive, adept at managing multiple revenue channels
- Experience working in a company that sells direct to consumers
- Self starter who takes ownership and initiative
- Experience with manufacturing of products
- CPA preferred
- Experience with products in the children’s space a plus
- Work with CEO on investor reporting
- Handle the management reporting process for quarterly and yearly forecasting
- Design and create models that forecast future operating and financial performance
- Develop support tools and performance driven marketing metrics to support SVP Sales and Marketing around strategy
- In conjunction with SVP Sales and Marketing, work with Director of Operations to manage supply chain and inventory levels to maximize cash flow opportunities
- Cost accounting
- Manage cash flow
- Help negotiate commercial and contractual terms
- Help to inform financial modeling and outcomes based on new products, manufacturing and licensing deals
- Inventory Management – manage the shift from physical/inventory to digital through cash and margin management
- Work with Director of Operations as backup, sourcing and procuring products at the optimal terms (plush, flash cards, etc.)
- Work with Director of Operations managing relationship with warehouse/fulfillment center with an eye to creating greater efficiencies and containing costs
- Balance the operational needs of multiple business channels
- BA/BS degree (Accounting or Finance preferred).
- 3+ years experience of financial reporting and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact appropriately with senior management, vendors, and partners
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills to effectively manage relationships both internally and externally
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks and Excel. Excel knowledge should include pivot tables, sorting, charting.
Compensation package includes competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, and paid holidays. Little Pim is an equal opportunity employer and is headquartered in New York City.
Position is available to be filled June 2014.
Please only apply if you are located in the New York City area.
Send brief email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.